Reading, Writing, etc.
Assignments for Oct. 26-31
I. Reading and Writing Assignment: Virtual School
- Read the attached article, "Virtual High School: Does it Make the Grade?"
- Make a diagram of the main ideas in the article and the support for those ideas.
- Page 2 of the article has a practice in identify fact and opion (blue column down the right side of the page). Answer those Questions
- The last page of the article has a column titled "20-Minute Essay." You are to write this essay. In the essay you agree or disagree with the statement and support your ideas with evidence and examples. This is a full essay of multiple paragraphs! You make send me your essay by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or print it out to turn on on November 2
II Reading Assignment: Taking off the F's
Should schools give F grades to students? Should students be allowed to keep retaking tests and re-doing work until they get it right?
- Read the article about a decision made at West Potomac High School in the 2010-2011 school year and answer the discussion questions. Remember that a discussion question means you must fully explain ideas, not answer with only a few words!At West Potomac High School.docx (35,7 kB)
- Do the vocabulary activities: vocab-taking off Fs.docx (76,9 kB)
- Vocabulary practice online-- sign in so you can get credit for your practice. http://www.quia.com/pages/csinsap/eng4